African Union Commission Education Division
Innovating Education in Africa (IEA) 2019: Call for ICT in Education Innovations
The African Union Commission in collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Botswana and its Partners will hold the Second Innovating Education in Africa Expo in Gaborone, Botswana from 20–22 August 2019. The event which will be held under the theme: “Harnessing the Capacity of ICT to ensure Inclusion, Quality and Impact in Education and Training in Africa” in line with Strategic Objective 3 of the Continental Education Strategy for Africa is purposed to showcase outstanding innovations in education which can be scaled to improve delivery, access and management of education in Africa. The event is also aimed at raising the visibility of these innovative practices in order to catalyse support for up-scaling and replication.
Call for Submissions
The organizing committee of the Innovating Education in Africa Expo therefore invites submissions that meet the following criteria:
- The Innovation should be in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Education;
- You should not have been previously awarded the AU Education Innovation Prize;
- The individual submitting on his/her own behalf or on behalf of an organization must be a citizen of an AU Member State;
- The submission must be made by the original author or developer of the innovation; or a staff of the organisation that developed the innovation;
- The innovation must have demonstrated impact, with potential for wide dissemination in Africa;
- The individual or organization submitting must consent to having their innovation publicised across the continent for purposes of replication;
- Each individual or organization must submit only one innovation.
Read the full Call for Submissions here: